Tuesday, January 24, 2006

How about them Seahawks!


I am still stunned that the Seahawks have made it to Superbowl 40. Each morning, I carefully sneak up on the Sun's sports pages in fear that I am going to see that they have been somehow disqualified .... or Hasslebeck broke his elbow at a PTA meeting .... or Shaun Alexander had a leg bitten off by that big brown bear at Woodland Park Zoo.

The gamblers are picking sixth seeded Steelers to beat top seeded Seahawks. No respect out there at all. None, none, none! Well, I'm going to walk upright out onto a big strong limb and declare that the Seahawks will smash, obliterate, and otherwise destroy the Steelers. It's gonna be ugly and it's gonna be fun!
Comments:
I hope your team wins,fossilguy.
 
I never knew you were rabid! Fan, that is. Or is that avid? Both, perhaps. I'm kinda of hoping they win, too, but somehow I feel like the Red Sox fans...something's gonna happen and the Seahawks will mess it up.

I hope they don't because I'm tired of the Pittsburgh coverage being so over the top and the Seahaawk coverage being so wimpy.

Go Blue!
 
I'm really a 'jump on the bandwagon' fan. When any of the Seattle teams suddenly turn good, I turn rabid/avid.

My gut feeling is that the current Seahawks are a juggernaut and that the Steelers will be the final team to under-estimate them in 2005-2006. I like the Steeler's quarterback, but he will be continually pressured, sacked (twice minimum), fumble at least once, and throw at least two interceptions.
 
Go Seahawks!

(Hell has now officially frozen over - I am caring about this footbal game...)
 
I'm one of those fair weather fans, too, but when a Washington team does well, as did the Sonics in the late 70s or the Mariners a couple of years in a row, then I am rabid like a wolf! I have always watched Michael watch the superbowl but this time I'll be watching it too and screaming and yelling for OUR TEAM!!! GO SEAHAWKS!!!!! The best part will not be a wardrobe malfunction, it will be a Malfunction of the Steelers, who are going to LOSE!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?