Thursday, March 23, 2006

Blindsided by scanner technology!


Such interesting times. My favorite runty little ex-Texas Governor cum President is bopping about making speeches about how he has a plan for Victory in Iraq. I recall a few years back when he stood on the deck of an aircraft carrier and proclaimed Victory in Iraq. There is possibly a simple Orwellian explanation for this, but it escapes the direct gaze of my mind like one of those little black floaters that sometimes appear in the vision. George appears to be going backward. Not really a full-blown surprise.

Dr. Bookworm has recovered from her ocean vacation, getting back into the swing of work, and has put us both on a diet. The one half diet. We eat what we always did, but only half as much. In retaliation, I've been cutting calories on the food Aleister gets here. He doesn't know he's dieting. The good Dr. maintains that I must cut my whiskey consumption in half also. That is not a good idea. I mostly drink for medicinal purposes -- my version of the sleeping pill.

My scanner went kaput a few days ago. I can't exist without a scanner .... also used for Bookworm's business purposes. Bought a new one immediately and got it installed and running with no problem. Turns out this is not my simple old HP .... it's a complicated new HP. Bells, whistles, accompanying programs, etc. And it takes three times the time to get what I need out of it. Progress.

Photo: should it install -- noapologies father at the beach.
More beach trip pix on my yaFro site - see link to the right side of this page.
Comments:
Ah, yes, the father, the proud Luddite, reading amongst the fish...

The half diet works like this for me: Yes, that is half...well, perhaps I underestimated...not enough of a half so I shall eat a few more bites...but that's still not quite right...
...how big was the original?

Good luck!
 
I'm sorry you half
to be on a diet.


bs
 
Please tell Bookworm that your whiskey intake has to increase when I come back from Scotland with your newest bottle of SCOTCH WHISKEY straight from the Isle!!! Suprise!
 
Think I better learn how to spell SURPRISE!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?