Friday, January 05, 2007

New Version?

It's been so long since I've posted anything here that the servers have zapped up their technology with a new form of blog and are now leaving a series of promotional barricades for me to leap over in order to get to my old reliable (I thought) page. It makes me feel sort of ....


Have any of you out there made the switch? And would you recommend it? What happens to your old blog and all its stored treasures, I wonder(?).

I would say that we've totally survived the Holiday Season ... EXCEPT that our tree and our outdoor decoration lights are still up. I got a couple of great gifts from Dr. Bookworm: a Ken Onion chef's knife (built like and as sharp as a samauri sword) and a Staub 'Cocotte' pot (ten pounds of enameled cast iron with tight-fitting lid so that I can do braised dishes). AND noapologies parents gave me one of their old food warmers that I've eyed jealously for years ... and then the special plug to it disappeared .... and a week later was inexplicably found in the pantry where it ought to have been all along. But not until I'd cried WOLF! loud and long. (Amongst other things, I gave Madame Bookworm DVD's of the first three seasons of the Sopranos.)


Comments:
dearest fossilgut
How lovely to find you here at long last - I've missed your opinions and insights into things.

I have made the switch to the new blogger thing - whatever the hell that really means. I did it because it seemed like one day it would be required to continue blogging and it was easy for me to do because I already had a G-mail address from a long while ago.
It seems faster to post now, and mesing with fonts and stuff is easier. What else it does that the old one didn't - I dunno.

Nice score on the vintage food warmer, and the Cocotte pot as well. And tell your woman she is lucky - I asked for that series a while ago - and I got zip.

love you
muchly

bs
 
I made the switch, too. At first I was frustrated because, to post a comment, I had to sign in first and I never did so that when I signed in, I lost my comment. But the bloggods seemed to have resolved that issue.

It's faster downloading pictures...that's the biggest advantage for me. Other than that, I'm with BS, not sure what the bennies are. My fear is that google just "wanted" us logged in in some way so Big Brother could track us.

But I might just be paranoid...

...did you hear that? What was that?

Glad mom/dad regifted...I've been trying to teach them how to do that for YEARS!
 
Where are you? I'm feeling lonely out here with nothing interesting to read.

Hope you are well!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?