Friday, October 19, 2007

Big C


It's been a while since I've said anything about my Cancer and my Treatment. I've switched oncologists, or rather Bookworm switched my oncologists for me. From Dr. Uncommunicative to Dr. Communicative. I've had one chemo treatment with the new Dr. Kim and I came away from it with a better understanding of what's hopefully going on.

Dr. Kim had a new cat scan generated and showed me the pertinent frames compared to the original cat scan made eight months ago. The 'rind' being formed by the asbestosis growing on the outside of my right lung has visibly thickened over the eight months .... though some of the thickening is scar tissue from the biopsy procedure -- and the liquid that had accumulated in the right lung was no longer in evidence. The node with the tumor was totally unchanged. The original doc had described it as 'shrunken', but it wasn't. Dr. Kim said you don't 'shrink' them, so to speak, you 'arrest' them in their progress. And that is a measure of success.

The current chemo protocol takes about an hour and forty-five minutes, as compared to the original seven plus hours. Afterwards, I was sick for two days, rather than five or six. So that's an improvement! I believe I am running out of breath a little less quickly and have been able to catch up on a lot of little tasks that have been ignored for weeks. And today I am feeling pretty good.
Comments:
..."and today I'm feeling pretty good..."

There is so much in that last sentence...for all of us.

Hugging you today...hope you can feel it!

Happy belated vow-day!
 
Jim, I am blown away with the richness of your blog, of your life and your stories. I hold you in my heart.
 
I miss you James and wonder what has happened to you. Hugs Brenda fom Aussie land
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?