Sunday, August 05, 2007

Here we go again ....


Here we go again .... with the pre-chemo medication. A very small pill (twice daily) that makes me very hyper. This pill (for three days) will prevent a serious rash that one of the chemos will give me should I not take this very small pill twice daily for three days. So I took it. I'm not at all partial to rashes.

My five week chemo hiatus is over and tomorrow morning I must present myself for treatment number 5, to be followed in three weeks by treatment number 6. In none of the scenarios I've heard discussed by my doctor, have I ever heard mention of the existance of a treatment number 7. So pardon me if I leap upon the assumption that I have four down and two to go and that that will write finis to the chemotherapy.

But what do I know?

One thing for certain, I had a new cat scan this past Friday, and I will expect, on the morrow, to be medically informed as to how it compares with the one taken back in February or March. [As you may have gathered from Bookworm's blog of earlier today, becoming 'medically informed' is not the simple conversational process it was a couple score years ago.]

THE PHOTO ABOVE is granddaughter Jessica "Tex" Ho at a weeklong horsemanship camp, tooling along on her good steed 'Chappy'. Somewhere down in the Vancouver, WA, area. Attendees and parents are not allowed to communicate by phone .... only by writing. Erin is there today to attend the week's end 'performance' and to cart Jessica home.

Granddaughter Rachel (the infamous Mrs. H) will be leaving soon to drive to SeaTac and pick up granddaughter Michal and bring her back here for a couple of days. Michal's flight from New Zealand has already been moved from 5:45 pm back to 7:00 pm ..... this is a situation that could well deteriorate even further as the evening progresses.

As to the car we are trying to give Michal [Kay's former little red Ford Focus Hatchback], there's been a governmental hitch in that department. I paid off the loan at Kitsap Credit Union two months ago tomorrow. They said I would have the title in six to eight weeks. Eight weeks is tomorrow. I do not have the title. I have no idea when the State will bless me with a Title. So, I guess Plan B would be to have an "under twenty-five" driver added to my insurance policy .... which should (might) protect everyone's interests after I hand her the keys. Can't do that till Tuesday though.

Well, y'all say a little "Go get'em, Cowboy," for tomorrow and I'll ride this thing out.

Good night and good love.
Comments:
I like the new "sign off" Edward R. Fossilguy. Good Love to you, Too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?