Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Big Distraction



This whirley-gig quest to nail down my mesothelioma problem has been a big distraction from the flow of normal life around me, around my family, and around my friends. And my recent inability to really focus on these surrounding events has contributed to a feeling of being disconnected, of flapping in the wind. I'm understanding that a great deal of my identity comes to me through the external things I center my attention on. Being caught up in a self-centered event is very limiting .... and not very enjoyable.

I have noticed that life has gone on for others around me. Things I have let slip by without sufficient comment/response:
Bookworm's own health problems and on-going struggle with rampaging muscle spasms.
NoApology's and Ann's prospective new dog.
Dr. Bob's eye-lid lift.
Katie W's strange encounter with unemployment.
Erin's horror at watching Jessica make unplanned trips from horseback to ground.

I hope to be more attentive in the future. I think I have set my own shovel aside for the time being.

Bookworm, Allie and I spent Easter Sunday with Bookworm's Uncle Lawrence's family (at her cousin Sis's home on the shores of Fox Island). I took my usual crowd pleasing 'jalapeno pie'. Allie had a fine old time hunting easter eggs and squirting everyone with silly string (apparently a Greaves family tradition).

My next post will be a sampling of the photos I took at the Easter celebration.
Comments:
Yes, one of your many beautiful qualities is your lack of self-centeredness. In this regard, you make the people who are around you become more healthy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?