Sunday, January 29, 2006

WET & GREEN & THE ENDGAME OF JANUARY


Strange ... something about this January's weather that reminds me of Scotland in early May.




May 7th, 1970
We walk across the skirt of the runway & into a large receiving room ... line up at a partition ... beyond the partition are four upright lecterns. Behind the lecterns stand four serious looking young men in black uniforms. Very formal -- steel rimmed glasses. A young woman, also in black uniform, stands at the head of the line & motions us forward as vacancies come up at the 'desks'.
"How long will you be in Scotland, Mr. Fossil?"
"About two weeks."
"On business?"
"Yes."
His hand rises high with a hand-stamp ... he flips open my passport ...
KAWHOMP! KAWHOMP!
"Pass through."

Comments:
So it's going to be a repeat of this when Mom, Me and Daughter go to Scotland on the 1st of April? Ewwwwww!
 
Mom:
Well, yah! Damp, cool and blustery were my impressions of Scottish weather in early May. There were also some quite nice days though. I should imagine coats and sweaters would be very comfortable in early April. You will be at about the same latitude as Juneau, Alaska.
 
And Juneau ain't no fun in May...I'd go to Fairbanks, myself.

Scotland rain must be nicer than this rain...must it not? Hell, you're in Scotland!

And I'll be here, collecting raindrops in my ears.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?