Friday, March 31, 2006

How'd they do that, Grandpa?


I kid you not, as we turned to walk away from this 'Poulsbo's Ode to the Vikings', Allie took my hand and said, "Grandpa, how'd they turn him to stone?"

This morning, Allie asked me to make a garage out of Leggos for his little white (Transformer) truck. I obliged and made one that was a perfect fit ... but then he transformed it into its upright superhero form and it was too tall for the garage. He demanded that I rebuild it to fit the superhero. I refused. He began to drift off towards a temper tantrum. Dr. Bookworm intervened a bit and he got his anger under control and went back to messing with the Leggos.

Then Dr. Bookworm went off to work.

He sat on the opposite end of the couch from me, tilted his chin up, gazed out into space, and announced, "My Mom loves me best of all!"

Sensing that this was an opening gambit, I asked, "Who loves you second best?"

Grandma Bookworm!"

"And who loves you third best?"

"Muu-Muu." (His other grandmother)

"Well who loves you fourth best?"

He thinks a moment or two and says, "You."

"What?" I growl. "I'm all the way down to four?"

"Well, if you want," he says with a further up-tilt of the nose, "you can be five." He pauses a moment ... "or zero."

"I choose zero because zero comes before one!"

He smirks triumphantly and decrees, "Zero explodes and you turn to dust!"
Comments:
I know a few president's I'd like to turn to stone...or perhaps solicitors, too!
 
woah - you shoulda built a bigger garage...


bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?