Friday, May 19, 2006

Men and their toys....



Not talkin' about a thirty-something mistress in low-rider jeans here ... talkin' about a brand spanking new Canon PowerShot S2 digital camera. I spotted this little sweetheart when I was shopping for a camera for Bookworm a week ago. I returned to that camera counter four times since ... to gaze, to ponder, to calculate, to lust after. Yesterday afternoon I fought my way through the cloud of moths that surround my checkbook and made her mine.

It's not just the bells and whistles. Most of them will never get used. And I can't feature using its 'movie' capabilities .... I've got an out-dated dust-gathering video cam for that ... should I ever be moved to become a video film maker again. I think the gathering dust speaks to that possibility. I believe much of the S2's allure is that it resembles a miniature version of my Big Love, the Canon SLR T90. Familiar territory. A promise of revisiting past pleasures.

At a certain setting, the camera will take sepia toned pix. Okay, so our computer has at least two installed programs that will change any picture to sepia tones, still .... I don't tend to remember to experiment with them. At any rate, I tried out the sepia pix setting on Bookworm with the quite nice results posted here.

I hope the S2 and I were made for each other, 'cause I just never could get a stable relationship going with that old Nikon 4500. She was a dark and moody camera and seemed to enjoy flashing her "Low Battery Level" message at me.



Comments:
Bye, FossilGuy! I haven't been posting much lately while I got ready for my trip (one would think I was going to be gone several months, but traveling with three little girls as companions can make it seem that way, I suppose...), but I will be back the first week of June. Kay is gorgeous, you know. Lovely pictures. Take care! --Zoe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?