Monday, May 08, 2006

Tin Lizzie


'Tin Lizzie' an electronic 'painting' by FossilGuy

Comments:
I like it. How on earth do you do an "electronic painting" like this?
 
David:
You don't trace back to a BLOG, so I'm going to assume that you are my brother David of Hermiston, OR.
This was a set-up photo of a yellow enamel pitcher and a string of brightly colored tin ducks.
My PhotoSuite program has three tools meant for 'growing', 'shrinking', and 'dragging'. I call up a photo, then the 'drag' tool, and hold it down, I zig-zag around the photo and loop-the-loop. Once I get something I like, I use the 'drag' function to nudge it around (fine tuning), etc. This is how I made the Chinese Dragon that is currently the avatar on my yaFro site.
 
I want this! How much will you sell it for? Seriously. I also must run out and buy PhotoSuite...okay, maybe not on my salary as I am a lowly teacher.

I love this photo/painting...exquisite.

g
 
Inventive stuff, FossilGuy! And I am now going to pretend I understood your detailed directions enough to perhaps attempt one of my own one day. Or then again, maybe I'll just revist your blog to enjoy yours.

On my way to check out that dragon on your yaFro site...
 
Thanks for the info on my blog re: your yaFro. I am now going over to get to the dragon, now that I know where it is. Stunning picture of "Kay in the day." Quite a dish.
 
I thought I recognized that yellow pitcher! That thing sure does enhance whatever space you put it in! Nice job! And I perfectly understood your description! I wonder if Photoshop has a growing/shrinking tool....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?