Saturday, April 29, 2006

Taking a Break from Bashing Bush...



Ladies of the NoApologies household, wish you were here. In memory of the rhubarb pie you gifted us with last year, I created this spectacular rhubarb and peach replica this morning.

Tell me I'm not an artiste!

Tell me I'm not a Pyrex Chef!

Okay, next time a quarter cup more sugar.......

And then we had a pie dinner ... just pie and a little vanilla ice cream. We were going to save the remaining half for breakfast, BUT I KNOW Bookworm is downstairs whittling away at it as I sit here typing this in.


Comments:
Magnificent!

Now I just have to get my tongue off the computer screen!

Wished we'd been there, too!
 
you ARE an artiste...
now where is the recipe for that corn flounce you promised me???


bs
 
BrownShoes,
I did get the recipe from my friend Ann (originally from North Carolina, thus a southern sort of cook), but promptly forgot that I had promised to pass it on.

CORN FLOUNCE (my name)

1 cup of polenta
3 cups of boiling water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 stick of butter
4 eggs
1 cup of milk
2/3 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese

Pour the polenta into the boiling water to which the salt has been added. Mix well, and cook until thickened. Add the butter, beaten eggs, milk, and cheese. Stir thoroughly and decant into a casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Yields 4 to 6 servings.
 
thank you again FG.


bs
 
if only you could mail me a slice. it looks absolutely delicious.
my middle daughter made some cherrt pie and that was scrummy too.
trouble is when your children ask you to eat the stuff that they have made at school it is a bit like a game of chance with me being the grand experiment taster!!
 
You didn't bash bush THAT hard - are you still resting???

bs
 
No, not resting. The first few days of each month are filled with extra personal and business chores (bookkeeper, biller and paymaster for Bookworm Enterprises), so there's limited time for frivolities and bashing.
 
Well, okay.
But only because you're
The Paymaster.





bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?