Sunday, February 12, 2006

A GORGEEUS DAY OUT!


Another happy, spring-like day, but cold weather forecasted to be creeping down on us. This morning I cruised through Silverdale's Waterfront park with my camera. A really neat little park now that they have all the construction wrapped up. The playground equipment sits in this greenish area which in turn is surrounded by sidewalks and benches. I was appropriately startled when I cut across the green surface and it was spongy underfoot! Later a park attendant told me it was made of ground up tires and tennis shoes. He also said that during the just past storm, the waves crashing against the seawall were flung up over the nearby trees and flooded the playground. There are some nice design touches here .... and I especially like the large round stones incorporated here and there within the flat concrete walkways ... a nice tie-in with the stony beach.
The photo above is a 'detail' from one of three colorful artworks atop tall poles on a little hillock (Courtesy of the Silverdale Lion's Club).
Comments:
What a neat picture! The next one, too! The one with the (as you say) ridiculous subject. That's what I like about you. You have a high tolerance for ridiculous subjects.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?