Saturday, February 11, 2006

Great Line Work!


Sometimes I get a photo that strikes me as just really perfect ... and of a ridiculously imperfect subject. In this case, a storm or ball-field drain outlet on the beach at Lion's Field, Bremerton, WA. The lines that fan out from the bottom edge right-of-center make a pleasing composition ... and the dark shadow at center keeps the viewer's eye corraled ... and the color variations are nice. And if I planned any of this, it was NOT with my conscious mind .... a happy happenstance (?). My camera and I have a particular fondness for rust, wreckage and advanced delapidation.
Comments:
I like the hints of white? Snow? Ice? Plants? Debris? It adds nice contrast to the rust and lines.

I think I know that spot at Lion's Field! =-)
 
NA,
I don't know what the white is(?) ... not snow, that's for sure (took this a couple days ago). This is right adjacent to the southern edge of the fishing pier sea wall at Lion's Field Park. Check out my photo site on yaFro (link to the right) as I'm currently posting some additional pix I took there.
 
"...rust, wreckage and
advanced delapidation"...
3 of my favorite things as well.

bs
 
You are particularly good at the finding of bolts and wood and rust that are photogenic. I've been to Yafro today and found some more good ones that you took. didn't realize that the park I pass EVERY Saturday had those wild pieces of art until I saw them photoged by you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?