Saturday, April 08, 2006

What's cookin?




Bookworm and I did break our half-portion diet this evening and had broiled steaks, baked potato, and asparagus. I bought small steaks ... and we shared one potato (the biggest I could find at the grocery store), and I snapped off half the asparagus stalks, instead of the bottom third. Still looked like a big meal on the plate and was sure a damn joy to eat.

Otherwise - not much cookin'.

Monday morning early the furnace folks will begin replacing our furnace with a new (and hopefully problem free) one. The one we're replacing has a vacuum tubing problem and this port gets clogged up with something inside the fan apparatus which I have to work out by running a heavy wire into it and trying to ram out the obstruction. Been doing this two or more times a day for weeks now .... barking my knuckles and cuting the outside edge of my wrist on the sheetmetal.

Monday morning will herald the return of Grandson 'Nightsnake' Aleister after his week off for spring break. I did have him Thursday morning so's I could be sure he made his speech therapy appointment at Silverdale. It was nice to re-discover that life can be pretty nice without a six year old to look after days. I'll be glad to have him back. After all, he is my official sidekick.

So Judas got a bad rap .... just doing Jesus' bidding. A lot of that sort of thing going around these days. Especially in Washington, D.C. Like Scooter Isocrat there. The littlest leaker takes the biggest fall.

My dietary plan is to lose (on the average) two ounces a day for the next 350 days. Sound reasonable? I hope so.
Comments:
How does one measure an ounce of weight?

We just ate half of our pasta with pesto and walnuts.

It was hard to stop eating.

The other day, a friend on Weight Watchers said she likes WW because she never has that "stuffed" feeling.

I never have that stuffed feeling either.

Never!
 
I figure if I weigh in every eighth day and have lost one pound, then that's two ounces a day. So far, I've been dumping thirteen ounces a day, so I'm way ahead of 'schedule' .... I anticipate it'll get tougher as I go.

I only prepare half servings - so there's no second helpings to resist. I.e., a breakfast used to be two fried eggs and four strips of bacon each ... now I just cook up half that.

We do a lot of WW Santa Fe Rice and Beans frozen dinners. We don't halve these and serve them over a bed of shredded lettuce (and I add salsa to mine).
 
And I just picked up the new WW cookbook they were selling at Costco. Good, easy meals.

But until we get into our own kitchen, I don't feel like supplying this one with the essential ingredients...so it was the other half of my pesto pasta with walnuts tonight.

Oh, and an orange for dessert.

Oh, and I shan't lie...some chocolate pudding.

My goal: Not to eat past 7 p.m.
HA!
 
Evening snacking is a hard road. I probably ate at least a third of my daily calories after 8 PM. These days I can have an apple at 9 PM (and chase it with a double whiskey a bit later). My first goal is to drop below 200 lbs. Started at 221.6 and now down to 209.6 ... so I'm more than halfway to that first goal. I believe in setting a series of small goals that are fairly easy to get to, but eventually add up to something significant.
 
You add up to something significant in my life no matter what side of 200 you fall on =-)
 
Thank you, my dear noapologies. I know you've been an admirable person for the past forty years ... and expect you will be for the next forty.

To get down to the nitty-gritty, getting on the downside of 200 by twenty-five pounds might tend to lengthen my life expectancy. That would be good.

On the other hand, if my appetite for nightly whiskey is shortening things, maybe weight loss will bring me back even. That would also be good.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?