Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ACTION FIGURE


ACTION FIGURE: BOY WITH A KITE
Allie decided to try and get out of going to school today. He started early on by asking me to listen to his cough. I told him it was not a very impressive cough and hardly worth noticing. Later he came around while I was working at the computer and announced that he was turning into a tree and that his roots would be too long to move by the time the school bus arrives.
I brought to his attention the possible hazards involved: 1) bears would climb him and scratch him up with their sharp claws, 2) squirrels would run all over him and steal his cones, and 3) his ears would become knotholes and woodpeckers would attack them looking for bugs.
He was not deterred by my common sense approach and continued on with his painfully slow transformation, saying "Ouch! My head just turned into a bird's nest! Oh, man! How am I going to explain this to my Mom!"
I eventually tricked him into turning back into a human being so that he could eat his lunch ... then packed him off to the school bus.

Comments:
Funny, I often feel the same thing...I am turning into a tree...I can't go teach today...
I love all the pictures!
 
I love this! Allie sounds like a fantastically inventive kid. Bet he's a handful...
 
Aliester is a remarkable soul.
How fortunate, and how fitting that you and Bookworm are the rich,warm loam his tender roots
cling to.


bs
 
Thank you, ladies! And for the gardener's point of view, BrownShoes.
 
I love the "evil, flying pizza" thing Allie said. What a great description of an evil flying pizza. Somedays they are all around me. Last night (as you know) in my dreams, my mother kept trying to slash me with a razor blade. I'll take the evil flying pizzas any day. At least I might be able to grab a bite.
Dr. Bookworm
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?