Friday, June 02, 2006

Rocky Raccoon



More and more, I'm becoming very pleased with this new camera (Canon PowerShot S2 IS). At a trifle before 6:00 AM this morning, I was making coffee near the kitchen window and when I hit the button to grind the beans, the grinder roared and a sudden movement in the backyard caught my eye. A raccoon had been about to trot across the yard, but had retreated a few feet in the face of the coffee grinder noise. I seized my camera and slid open the glass door to the backyard and grabbed three good shots (and two bad ones) before he totally vanished in the brush. I had fairly low light at that time in the morning and the camera's built-in flash insisted on participating in the photo taking. The one posted above was shot from thirty feet away with the zoom cranked full out (about 10X) .... and 'enhanced' by an automatic function in my PhotoSuite Program ... which managed to brighten it without fading out the colors.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?