Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh, Happy Day!



Happy, happy, happy day! Sight has returned to my left eye. After four days of blindness, the eye started to recover over Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning I could detect the shape of the bookcase across the room ... by 10:00 am, I could detect the lines of the shelves ... by 2:00 pm. I could tell there were books on the shelves. And this Tuesday morning, it's almost back to 'normal'. After those four days, I had a painful kink in my neck from cheating my chin to the left to see more on my blind side. After those four days of tripping on sidewalk dips and up-ending coffee cups, I have a much deeper appreciation of the depth perception that comes with binocular vision. And after those four days, I understand the challenge that my friend Dr. Patch-Eye Bob has to cope with each day.
Comments:
I am so glad your sight has returned, however, you would have looked pretty spiffy in an eye-patch, sorta like Cap'n Jack Sparrow! And you could have visited the Lady Washington in it! Ooooo! But I'm glad you don't have to don the patch.
 
Congrats!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?