Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's a One Crow Feather Sort of Day


If Saddam Hussein is responsible for WMD's that never existed....
If Osama bin Laden is responsible for 9/11....
If Kim Jong Il is responsible for test firing missles....
Who, might I ask, is responsible for the rape and murder of the young Iraqi girl and her family? Who is Commander-In-Chief here? Where is the buck going to stop this time?

Rape and/or murder of civilians by American troops should not come as a shock or surprise. Thus it has always been ... or as the Talking Heads sang it, "Same as it always was." And to raise a hue and cry about it would be tantamount to non-support of our troops and gazing at the borderline of treason with the naked eye.

However that may be, from the Native Americans at Sand Hollow, to the 'ragheads' of WWII North Africa, to the civilians of the raped villages of Vietnam, certain elements of the American fighting forces have historically engaged in brutality, rape, torture and murder against civilian populations subject to their power. We do often send actual killers to do our official killing.

For what little it is worth, my apologies to the dead girl and her dead family. We should never have been in your country in the first place. And once there, we had no God-given right to rape and murder you.

So THAT IS WHAT HAS PISSED ME OFF on this otherwise fine Sunday morning. One black crow feather's worth of outrage. [And the buck hasn't stopped yet 'cause I just saw it running down my street .... up my street, actually .... down my street is a cul de sac .... which is a round, empty thing that brings to mind The Shrub's brain.
Comments:
Go, go, go, go!!!! I haven't heard this kind of "treasonous" talk in a long time coming from your particular way. Thanks for reminding me of the old days when it was safer to speak your mind.

By the way, I have totally messed up my site by trying to put a link in the way Blogger tells you to. So now my Sidebar is a Bottombar. Since you have my password, can you take a look and see if you can figure out how to put it back? Even so, it didn't take my link attempt! Grrrr!!!
 
Not sure why, but this makes me think of something I heard on The Colbert Report the other day regarding the basic assininity of our current leadership...something this effect: "So remember - there is no "i" in team, but there are TWO in dickishness."
Spread the outrage, Fossilgut,
keep spreading it.

bs
 
BS--I saw that Cobert Report also--loved the Dickishness! Ah, such Dickishness we haven't seen since Tricky Dick himself!

FG--Did you fix my page or did it fix itself?
 
It seems to have fixed itself. When I went to see what the problem might be (as if I would know), everything appeared to be in its proper place.
 
Today in my biology class we're learning about genetics. It appears that the latest theory is that all children are born with the same brain capacity and that what determines your "intelligence" has little to do with genetics and everything to do with environmnet.

I keep trying to figure out where Bush fits in with that theory?

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess!
 
I don't think I like that theory. That gives parents too much power....
 
And doesn't address the vast differences ... I repeat, VAST .... in the intelligence range of a large family of siblings (such as my family of origin) that all grew up in the same environment. Too simplistic, I say!
 
But remember, environment isn't just parents...it's stress, it's food, it's illness, it's pollutants...blah, blah, blah.

I'm on a break right now. Next on the agenda is looking a human brains. I mean like REAL human brains.

This could be interesting!

Did anybody read "Driving Mr. Albert" by Michael Paternetti?

I think I shall be thinking about that book the whole time I'm looking at a real human brain this afternoon!
 
make that two black crow feathers worth of outrage and don't just blame yourselves. the french were right and we in the uk, your supposed friends, should have said, on this occassion, "no my good friends of america do not go to war against iraq". we didn't. we did what our politicians always do and followed like sheep.

god bless americans and god condemn bush's stupid intellect to hell.
 
Amen, jesus.


bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?