Friday, July 21, 2006

Time Flies When You're Having Fun


I'm beginning to feel like Alice's White rabbit here. So much to do and so little time! The Aleister-free days are flitting by and I'm in hot pursuit of all the things I found it hard to focus on when he is here. Blogging is taking a hit. That was something I could do with him in the house and/or with an eye out for the school bus.

Well, computer problems at the first of the week cooled my ardor somewhat, but I got it back in working order late Wednesday and I'm back up to speed. Whatever that means. They could not find any problem with it. Wouldn't work here, worked fine in the shop. Used to have a lot of second-hand car problems that followed that route.

Anyway, to make the story longer, I finished (Thursday evening) a Bride's Book with maybe 130 wedding photos imaginitively arranged on twenty-four protective sleeve pages in a white presentation album/display book. An item that I plan to hand deliver to the bride's parents for transmittal on to her .... with practiced humility .... and will cause them all to pause and consider what a wonderful and generous person I am. And that's what life is all about.

Now, you may be wondering about the photo at the top of this posting. Wonder no more. On my Flickr photo site, I have joined a 'group' called SentenceMe. This Group was formed by a woman in Iceland about ten days ago and is now creeping over 200 members ... a very international lot.
The object here is to pick a quote out of a book and challenge one of the other members to create a (new) photograph that could be used to illustrate the visual and/or emotional imagery evoked by the quote. Once the challengee posts the photo with the quote as its caption, then the challenger comes along and adds the name of the author and the book. And then everybody makes 'comments'. Doesn't that sound like fun? YES, IT DOES!

So far, my challenger has not shown up to divulge the book and author from which this quote was extracted. But the quote itself is:

"When they stopped for the night, the dwarves moored the rafts to aspen trees along the mouth of a small stream." This challenge (my third) was sent to me by 'LaStef' (Lara Stefansdottir, a 49 year old Director from Akureyri, Iceland).

And now she has provided the following:
....from the book ELDEST by Christopher Paolini.
Comments:
that is a slightly creepy photo, fossilguy.
Yet, somehow I still paused to consider "what a wonderful and generous person you am".
And that IS what life is all about.


I am missing the bloggers - summer has taken quite a toll on writers and readers.

bs
 
But only 'slightly' creepy -- right, BS? Kind of in the spirit of your Sisters of Mercy that we have in our protective custody......
Don't despair, the heat of summer will pass and the bloggers will drift back to their computers.
 
Even my computer is hot in this heat...the fan runs all the time now.

How funny the caption chosen is from a children's book.
 
Sounds like a cool group you've found FG. But that is an odd litte pic. I imagine you have such little people because of that little person you've been caring for for lo these many years? Or is it something from Bookworm's collection? I have posted 6 pics to Flickr. I found out I had better resize them before sending because it took a LONG time to upload them! I like the simplicity of it though! Much better than Yafro I think.
 
Ah yes - suddenly I realize I may not be the best person to decide what "creepy" is all about...

bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?