Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You lookin' at me?



BrownShoes and Bookworm have been getting on my case for absenting myself from these happy blog pages. But I have been very, very busy. Watching Mariners' ball games. Visiting fledgling vineyards. Manufacturing a 'Bride's Book' from my recent wedding shots. Making an image history of the housing development going up practically next door. And, in general, just enjoying the hell of Summer of Freedom 2006.

These deer shots are from my 'housing development' effort. One of the excavators shoved over an apple tree and four deer came in to scavenge the downed apples. This doe with the white butt has been around this neighborhood for years. I think this 'group' consisted of her, a yearling of hers, and two fawns. In my judgement. The other fawn didn't cotton to my being there, so he 'ponged' over to the backside of that black plastic barrier.

Castro's illness has prompted several TV Talking Heads in talking about 'bringing Democracy to Cuba'. I wonder if that can be done at the same time as our 'bringing Democracy to Afghanistan and Iraq'? And what about Iran? I thought they were next in line(?). So confusing. I don't think anyone has stopped to plot out the shape of the dry world once the oceans have risen twenty feet. The powers-to-be should look into that. We oughtn't be spending men and money to bring Democracy to countries that will be submerged.


Comments:
What I'm wondering is this.If all those Cubans in Miami celebrating Castro's illness are going to go back to Cuba when the dictator dies.
 
Didn't Bush just sorder 30,00 more troops to Iraq?
Who will serve those steaming plates of democracy to the Cubanos?

by the way dear, nice deer.

bs
 
rc --- not in the cards, I'd say. When Castro dies they will probably be swept with indecision and/or loyalties to the Florida political machinery and stay right where they are. Of course the rising sea level will pick Florida off first thing. Even the alligators will be looking for new digs.

bs --- Short on troops? Cloning still in its infancy? Call up the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Let my brother Eric break out his uniform one last time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?