Thursday, January 18, 2007

Madness Takes Its Toll


Riff Raff: [singing] It's astounding, time is fleeting, madness takes its toll.
..... a sung line from Rocky Horror Picture Show

This is one of my favorite and most used potholders .... a gift from that famous SK blogger, Brown Shoes.

I also see that the phrase "madness takes its toll" is being used in protests against the Bush wars (current and future) in the Middle East. I further note a couple very recent uses of "The Madness of King George" in regards to young master Bush. Not to be unkind to the Idiot Prince, but his speech to the People the other night fell about twenty yards short of his receivers. Somebody needs to tell him to step into it when he makes a pass. Get some serious weight up there on that front foot. Stop cringing.

I used to be of the opinion that Jesus Christ Superstar, Tommy, and Rocky Horror Picture Show were just three musical versions of one story. And if you closed your eyes, it was sometimes hard to say which you were hearing. I arrived at that opinion some twenty-five years ago and can no longer summon up what I thought was proof, but that was my story and I'm stickin' to it.

It has been cold today. It will not be as cold tomorrow. Will it?


Comments:
Hard to tell...about the weather and THE BUSH. Unpredictable, I'd say.

I learned today from my teaching partner who is teaching a night SAT-prep class (college bound kids) that it is improper to say you are "mad" at someone. Rather, you should say you are angry with them. "Mad" refers to crazy as in the psychological kind, but "mad" in reference to this current administration seems fitting for I am MAD with anger at Mr. Lame Stubborn Duck.
 
Thanks for the love, FG.

And NA - I'm with you.
It's madness I feel whenever I even think about the noxious weed currently choking our world.


bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?