Monday, January 15, 2007

TOO MUCH ON MY PLATE?


Sometimes your cup just runeth over. Or if not your cup, maybe your dishwasher ... and skilled mopping action points the way to survival. But as you grow older and older, the mop handle grows shorter and shorter and pretty soon you can't reach the floor with it. OR if you bend forward far enough to reach the floor, you pass some critical point of physics and fall victim to a number of Laws of Motion, etc.,. You crash to the floor. You become the mop. And not at all zen-like.

Okay. That's my 2007 gesture towards the Gods of Whining, Pewling, and Mewling. Is that a Trinity? A Triamverate?

And I forgot to piss and moan about the dreadful weather. There is sunshine in the treetops and ice on our street. Tomorrow Allie will go back to school (again), but snow is forecast and I expect him to be here all day (again) watching cartoons and delivering his endless chatter about events and creatures largely imaginary. Since last Thanksgiving, school has been largely imaginary.

Can we blame someone for this? George Bush? Whatever happened to "Leave No Child Behind?" Continuing strings of 'NO A.M. KINDERGARTEN' notices on the CKSD web-site are certainly leaving Aleister behind. I am reaching the point here where I want to begin my sentences with "When I was that age....".



Okay .... you toss these critters in olive oil (to coat) with maybe a few squirts of a good balsamic vinegar, spread in a single layer on trays lined with parchment paper, sprinkle generously with coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper, and various and sundry seasonings, then roast in a 400 degree oven for one hour.





And, to provide some complementary protein, toss in a chicken or two, stuffed AND adorned with rosemary.

A good, hearty, country-rustic dinner for entertaining friends during these dark & dreary months (which should be blamed on somebody ... George Bush?)
Comments:
Yummy...and thanks for the recipe details.

Sorry your blogging has run into technical difficulties. It worked fine for me, but then again there's only one blogger at this house.

I'm certain you'll persevere certainly after fueled by such yummy food.
 
hey - I made those potholders!

bs
 
Brownshoes,
Right you are! And this is my favorite potholder .... which says "Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change." I remember that first line being in 'Rocky Horror Show'.
....FossilGuy
 
Thosse veggies are so yummy looking I think I'll do some like that this weekend. But we'll have pizza for the Super Bowl!
 
Ah, it worked this time! Good! I love that pot holder, too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?