Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Ocean Photos

I was definitely not up to my usual photo-snapping snuff this year. I took maybe thirty pix and scrapped most of them as atrocious. I even forgot to grab a shot of the Spinach Enchilada and Spanish Rice night three dinner that Bookworm (ClearCreekGirl) prepared with minimal help from me. I was plating the rice when I should have been grabbing my camera.


A colorful panful of squash and tomato being cooked up for Steve and Katy's first night dinner.



Steve working at his 'presentation'.



"Rubbed' chicken breast on a bed of purple potatoes, garnished with squash and tomato.....


This beautiful pan of paella (sp?) was the main course in the night two dinner prepared by NoApology's parents.



This dead snag is up at the top of the hill that rises behind the Sandpiper Resort. Several years ago we all agreed that if we should be set awash by a significant tsunami, those of us who survived would meet at the base of this old snag.




On Friday and Saturday there was a rare open season for razor clams with the low tide occuring at around 6:30 pm. This was taken around 3:30 Friday as the diggers began to assemble to follow the retreating shoreline. On Saturday afternoon, the rain was hammering down into the parking lot and leaping three feet back into the air .... but it did not deter the diggers one whit .... they were still out there shoulder to shoulder.






Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?