Monday, April 23, 2007

Report from the Big 'C' Ward

First - a little photographic interlude.....
The way we were!

[Click on me and see me larger!]
Today I had my second visit with the oncologist. I rather got the idea he had not seen my past x-rays and cat scan prior to my first visit, but had been eye-balling them in the interim. He gave me three options, the first being to commence with chemo therapy and the other two being "I don't wanna even try" options. Bookworm and I opted for chemo.
The chemo will start next Monday and (initially) will consist of four treatments spaced twenty-one days apart with maybe a couple more treatments to follow ... depending on what I'm not quite sure. They gave me a big vitamin B shot this morning and folic acid pills to take daily. The chemo sessions will each take about seven hours.

Comments:
Love the pics of you two from the photo booth. Good to hear of the progress toward treatment. Will this be at Harrison? Looking forward to next report. What will you DO for 7 hrs. during chemo??? rest, sleep, read, sing eat/ Many Hugs to both of you!!
Patti
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?