Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Bright Yellow Morning!



Yesterday's generous rain provided a free watering for my potted deck garden AND FOR Bookworm's baker's dozen of decorative grasses planted just beyond the deck edge. To say nothing of the lawn fertilizer that the lawn-guy spread back on Thursday. He warned me that I'd better get the sprinklers out or the fertilizer would not do its job. But I outfoxed him .... just waited forty-eight hours and let Mother Nature do the honors.



So this morning the sunshine has been out in all its glory and the rains are not due to show up till evening. I figured I was breathing good enough to take a little hike over to the development down the block and grab a few current shots for the 'set' I have posted on my photo site. I got over there and the second time I depressed the shutter all I got was a black screen and the message "charge the batteries". Very mystifying! I could swear (and I do) that I changed those batteries a week ago.



Is it possible that I rolled those four batteries out somewhere within reach of the four newly charged ones .... and then put the dead ones back in? A senior moment? So I put the dead ones in the recharger and put some live ones in the camera and trudged back to the worksite for a few pix for the 'Progress' set on my other site (which can be accessed at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10561585@N00/

So tomorrow I'm going for chemo treatment number 3 of 4. UGH!
I thank all my good friends out there who are giving me support ... both by hand and by heart.

And I'm so looking forward to having daughter Kelly and grandson Morgan turn up here for Father's Day. I'm hoping and hoping that I'm into the second week recovery phase by then. Otherwise I'll likely be a Dopey Daddy. We are also happy that granddaughter Rachel will be leaving South Dakota and moving to Kitsap County to work at the Poulsbo Walmart .... early in July. AND granddaughter Michal will be returning in August from her year's employment as an au pair in New Zealand. I think she plans to live with her mother (Erin) in Vancouver, WA.

Adieu, Adieu, kind friends, Adieu .... I can no longer stay with you .... the Mariners / Padres game starts on TV in ten minutes .... and I have to get seated and break out my lunch!
Comments:
Thinking and praying for your health,FossilGuy.
 
Thanks for your prayers, Reyes. Sorry I haven't left you any comments lately .... been severly otherwise challenged. But I WILL BE BACK!
....FossilGuy
 
Just get well,FossilGuy,that's the only important thing right now.
 
Happy Father's Day!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?