Wednesday, May 30, 2007

RECOVERING


I am in the intermittant recovery stage between chemos again. This time the 'lost days' may have crept forward to five instead of four, but I was cooking a pot of pork chops, saurkraut, and yellow spuds by Monday afternoon. Ann L. will be glad to know that I finally made it back to CAPRI for my first go at their lung program (Tuesday). And then I went to Cooleen Gardens and bought this pot (above), a Northern Banana plant and six smaller filler plants for color and texture .... and assembled the above to help provide a feeling of handrail on our new deck .... which there is none of (handrail). Same for the contractor. There is none of him either.
Next I went to Fred Meyer and bought a new pair of shorts to wear on my deck. Then I retired to said deck with a bottle of beer and Glen Gould playing Bach's Goldberg Variations and admired my horticultural handiwork at leisure. The Bookworm is of the opinion that I should assemble at least three more of these while I'm still feeling relatively chipper.
By the time this Northern Banana plant gets four feet tall, I may well have assembled others. Or not. But probably. But I'll need to come up with other 'feature' plants .... no repeats. And I'll have drifted musically from Glen Gould, past Kid Ory, and back to my staple diet of Tom Waits.

Comments:
A nice planting. It must feel good to get your fingers in some soil again. The idea of plants being a "railing" is good, though clumsy ones like myself, could go over anyway! Right through the lovely plant railing and onto our asses or heads, whichever comes up first!
 
Beautiful plant and pot. I see you in it...better than seeing Jesus, I say. Glad you're up and about after the WHAM! Tom Waitts is a perfect soundtrack, I think!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?