Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Living 'Handrail'


Whadaya gonna do when the contractor that built your deck walks away without putting the handrail on it? There's a four foot drop-off on this eastern side! Well .... not much you can whine on about when he built it as a favor to Dr. Bookworm and did not charge us for his or his son's labor. So this past week I have 'punted' and constructed a living handrail to signal the edges to those who are sober and have operative vision. I suspect that Bookworm would rather I'd spent my 'punting' energies on clearing my decades of debris out of the 'Boneroom' (as a step towards getting the insides of the house painted). Howsomeever that may be, I was seized by the Green-thumbed hand of that ancient god Horto and blew the week getting potting soil imbedded in the creases of my fingers. Bookworm accused me of behaving obsessively as regards the pots and plants. And Bookworm should know .... that being her area of expertise. However, she did encourage and compliment my efforts as I went along.






















Comments:
Beautiful. Ya wanna procrastinate in our backyard? Glad you're feeling better.
 
Nice pots!!! Where did you get the blue ones? I love blue ones. Your living fence is very lovely, now get going on that Boneroom before Bookworm breaks her neck!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?