Wednesday, May 23, 2007

FossilGuy Plugged In



This picture is the product of the mind of Frau Bookworm, who sneaked her camera into the clinic and blazed away at me in my Recliner-of-the-Day. It seems a little macabe to me ... so I gave it a golden border.



And there was some golden news from the Doc. I've been saying, for the past week, that it seems to me that I'm breathing deeper and he verified that when he listened to me breathing with his stethascope and announced that my breathing was much, much better. His attitude was almost triumphant! I take that as a good sign.



Yesterday (the day after) I had a good morning, but 'crashed' for the afternoon. Fellow(ess) blogger 'MOM' droped by about 5:30 with a container of spagetti and meatballs and microwaved me up a plateful. This morning I am feeling pretty good again ... good enough to attempt to blog. And it seems to me that this is a bit better than last time. As I recall, I spent the mornings 'crashed out' also for the first four days after. Another good sign?



And yesterday's mail came with a lovely surprise. A package from Amazon.com with a CD of readings by the poet Billy Collins and a kind note by the sender, Florrie B. of the KUUF. I've had to reciprocate with a CD of my own favorite (humorous) poet, David Lee. I wonder if that qualifies as one of Bookworms proposed Three Good Deeds for the day?

This blog post 'crashed' as I tried to file it this morning. Two-thirds of it was auto-saved as a 'draft' when that happened, so I've tried to reconstruct the ending. It's now afternoon and I'm feeling a bit rougher, so will not linger on here.
Comments:
I think Bookworm's motives for the pictures might be to demystify this chemo-therapy stuff. I know how surprised I was that it was a group session rather than a lonely drip in a tiny room! And you look kind of comfy in that leather lounger.

I can verify that indeed you look pretty darned good and that you aren't coughing anymore and you seemed strong yesterday evening, rather than the dragged out Fossil Guy I expected to see. The poisoned man ate a hearty meal! Surprise and hallelujah!!!!!
 
Your description of the group chemotherapy room reminds me of when I used to give platelets, and we would all be installed on various gurneys with IVs in each arm. Unfortunately we couldn't chat with one another over the hum of the machines, but my husband always accompanied me. I wish they'd given us leather recliners, though! :o)

Glad to hear your breathing seems better!! It's always good when the doctors are triumphant.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?