Sunday, July 01, 2007

Number Four


Four. Four blooms in one of my deck pots. And chemo session #4 coming up on Monday (July 2). That could be the end of my chemo 'treatment'. Or it might stretch out to six. It has not been made clear to me what that extended treatment depends on. Even when you ask the right questions, the answers you get tend to leave you pretty much in the dark. Come what may, I'm hoping that this is the last. And for the 'recovery' period following, I have two acupuncture treatments a week for three weeks lined up. Maybe that will drop kick me through it ... especially that first week after when my brain and body go out to lunch and forget to return for five or six days.

Last Monday's initial acupuncture session seems to have done some good in giving me the energy to avoid the 'konk-0uts'. My third week experience after the first two chemo sessions was that I would physically konk-out around noon and fitfully sleep the afternoons away. My third week experience this time (after acupuncture) is that I had only two konk-outs and they came around six in the evening. So I give the acupuncture three stars out of five for that. She also worked on my numb feet and now they feel a bit more normal and I can curl my toes a lot tighter .... four stars for that.

Noapology's parents dropped by yesterday afternoon and we enjoyed a bottle of wine out on the sun-drenched deck surrounded by my potted garden. The Mariners won their seventh straight game last night. This is likely my last posting for maybe a week .... and I can not think of anything significant and/or interesting to say................

[Off to my right sits a 2' X 3' black and white framed poster of my parents and me - being held by my mother ca 1934 - and my father is wearing a necktie. He had very few occasions to wear a necktie. Maybe once in a while to church. And he never really learned how to tie one and they somehow often appeared to be inside out(?). Once tied, his neckties never came untied. He would loosen it enough to dodge his head out and then retain the loop .... so that his neckties looked like nooses waiting for a passle of condemned rustlers. I can tie a necktie. And wear it correctly and neatly once tied. But now I'm wondering if my son can tie a necktie?]

This is the sort of mental junkmail I pump out when inspiration totally fails me.
Comments:
Here's to acupuncture pulling you through. When you say "drop kick me" it makes me think of that old spiritual -- Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life!

Thinking of you from over here!
 
Thinking of you
as I often do,
hoping that 4 is enough.

much love
bs
 
Even you "mental Junkmail" is interesting old Buddy. And, having read the later post, I am happy about the acupuncture and sad/happy about the 5th and 6th treatments, but, as you say, good news cloaked in bad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?