Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Four Points, Six Points


I was sitting out on the backyard deck this afternoon, getting re-acquainted with my senior granddaughter Rachel (who will be twenty-two this coming Sunday) when I glanced over her shoulder and saw these two bucks grazing on my greenery. Their historic route through the neighborhood included passing behind our house and they probably would have done that had we not been sitting out on the deck ... where we had earlier been comparing digital cameras, so had them at hand to grab some snapshots.

The near deer has a total of four points (the number of chemos I thought I might get to stop at) and the far deer has a total of six points (the number of chemos I will be getting. How's that for symbolic? As to the chemo, it's a good news - bad news - good news sort of thing. The good news is that the doc is quite enthused about my breathing gains and healthy resistance to the poisons pumped into me so far ..... and the bad news is that that earns me two more goes at it, which I suppose is actually good news. Just doesn't feel like it. But I get a five week rest-up before session #5. That's good news!

What I'm really impressed with is the acupuncture. I had a session this morning and, so far at 5:30 PM, I have not done my standard toppling over act. The six needles in my head were to keep me from getting fuzzy-brained and that seems to be working also. And my feet, which have been slowly going numb for at least three years, seem to be recovering their feeling and range of toe movement. Yesterday I told my oncologist doc that I had had one acupuncture treatment and that it had helped clear my week three symptomology. His reaction was zero. It was like he did not hear the sentences I uttered. I had heard that he was anti-alternative medicine and I did it on purpose to check him out. Anti was it!

And it's great to have Rachel back close at hand where we can enjoy her company. She will be staying with us until she can find a place of her own.
Comments:
I love their velvety horns, and the synchronicity of the number of points.
Good omens, deer.


bs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?