Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lord, please gimme a 10 mph wind.



It's that time of year. The time of year when Bookworm and I take grandson Allie to the ocean beaches for a weekend of kite flying and etc.,. I didn't say "it's that time of year again" because we've not done this before. This will be a new thing. Hopefully a thing we might want to repeat next year. Or maybe not ... it all depends. See how it goes.

The lad will be (I hope) without TV Cartoon Networks for at least forty-eight hours. This isn't the place we usually stay, so maybe there will be a TV. Lord, please let there be no TV! Allie has expressed some concerns about being away from home and his Mom overnight. He thinks there are likely to be ghosts in the hotel and piranhas in the ocean. A couple days ago he suggested we take his imaginary brother instead of him.

The hotel/motel has a swimming pool and its been so long since any of us have been swimming that we had to buy a round of new bathing suits. And I know we're going to look just darling in them. There will be no photos of this aquatic element. Allie told us that he would not be getting in any pool without his life-jacket on. Sounds good to me. Wish I had one two.

I have my kite collection ready to go and will try to come back with pictures of Al flying a kite or two. Unless there's no wind at all ... or too much. The five-day weather forecast looks promising for Saturday.

Tomorrow (Friday) will be my 72nd birthday and this trip to the ocean to fly kites with Allie is Bookworm's birthday present to me.
Comments:
Happy Birthday, Uncle Fossilguy! Have fun in the bathing suit and with your kites. Allie is a lucky boy...and his imaginary brother is, too!

Any room for an imaginary me to come along? =-)
 
By any and all means! The more imaginary companions the better!
 
Happy Birthday! And what a lovely way to spend your birthday -- flying kites. And beaches... I am going back to Los Angeles in a month, and every time I go back, I try to soak up as much mountain and ocean as I can. There's nothing like it. Have fun!
 
You actually make 72 seem, not only admirable and attractive and desireable - but enviable to boot.
Happy birthday dear FossilGut - I hope you have a fantastic time at the seaside.
love

bs
 
Happy birthday Fossilguy.
 
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. I had a good time on my weekend at the ocean! Thanks, Bookworm!
 
I missed it trying to catch up with life...Happy BDay, JM. Loving the pictures and your narrative. It all makes me smile :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?