Sunday, June 04, 2006

According to the Owner's Manual....


Whoever painted these 'creatures' on the steel walls of the Ferry Terminal to 1st Ave pedestrian overpass, really ought to be illustrating children's books. And I'm dreadfully sore of bone and muscle after yesterday's Seattle Walkabout ... I really need to do that every day until it doesn't hurt anymore. I keep thinking 'How can this be? Is this the same body that tramped the Drumheller Scablands for six hours a day, day after day, and never experienced a twinge?' But when I look at the date stamps on the back of the photos I was taking then, I see that it was - - - TWENTY YEARS AGO! [To be fair to my body, I quit doing that sort of thing only twelve years ago ... I shoulda kept at it.]


Did I mention in the last posting that I had troubles yesterday with seeing the pictures in the viewfinder and in the display thingamabob? It must have a name(?). Oh, yah ... 'LCD Monitor'. Well, the LCD Monitor was next to useless in the daylight lighting. And the viewfinder was not much better. Seemed 'dark' and fuzzy. I was stewing about it a lot more than I let on earlier. So late last night I decided to break out the 'Camera User Guide' and see why Canon thought this dreadful viewfinder was worth building into the camera.


And there, on page 28, I find the following words: "If the surroundings are too bright (for example, when you are shooting outdoors) and the images on the LCD Monitor are not clear, use the viewfinder for shooting. [UH-OH!] Adjust the viewfinder focus (p. 27) with the diopter adjustment dial (p. 14) so the displayed information appears clearly."


So I get meself over to page 14 (a diagram of the camera's features), locate the diopter adjustment dial, and finally spot it on the camera itself .... a tiny little clickable dial on the left side of the viewfinder housing, almost invisible and built for itsy-bitsy fairy fingers. I did manage to operate the dial and I did clear up the image in the viewfinder and I was subject to much relief and did not experience nightmares about vicious camera shaped ghouls last night.

And, of course, I had to pause in Post Alley and shoot a couple dozen photos of the posters plastered up there.



Comments:
I 'm not seeing all those pictures you took--all I have is this idiot little box with an "X" in it! When I click on it I get a big Google Error! Dang! I find camera manuals to be difficult reading. I end up using the "auto" setting for almost everything!
 
'Mom' -- try hitting the 'refresh' button.
 
I came in today and all your pics are there. If it happens again I will surely get refreshed! Good pics, even if you couldn't see through the view finder.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?