Monday, June 19, 2006

Grand-daughter Numero Dos


So Michal is kaput with high school. The Free Education part of life is over. A week after I graduated from high school, I came to Bremerton and began a job as an apprentice pipefitter in the Naval Shipyard. Next Monday Michal is flying off to New Zealand where she has a one-year job as a 'nanny' waiting for her. Such a thing would have been totally out of my frame of reference back in 1952.


Michal's mother (Erin) remarked that she was glad I got a new camera and was getting back to shooting the close-ups like I used to do with my film cameras. My 'in your ear' photography. I didn't realize that anyone but me liked these extreme close-ups. Thank you, Erin, for missing them.


At the graduation party, Michal said, "I'm really going to miss you guys. And Christmas will seem real strange not coming to your house."

Yes, it will, Michal. Stranger for you than us, I suspect ... when it dawns on you that it will happen in the middle of summer.




We had a good weekend with all the girls. Grand-daughter Numero Uno (Rachel) came back to Bremerton with us, spent a day, then flew off back to South Dakota. Grand-daughter Numero Tres (Jessica) is here now .... waiting patiently for me to finish this posting and take her to lunch at the Azteca Restaurant. Her Mom and Bookworm headed out for lunch and shopping an hour ago. So I'd better wrap this up.
Comments:
Beautiful, beautiful closeups! Keep it up! And a fine family to be proud of and appreciate!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?