Friday, June 09, 2006

POST NO BILLS!


Ah, yes! Intelligent Design. I'm sure that's what God had in mind when he constructed us such that we are incapable of outrunning any meat-eater that might take a gastronomic fancy to us. 'He' designed us with zero survival features for those occasions when we are plunged into cool water, twenty miles from land. But I digress needlessly .... I am relatively happy with the Design ... and have never been hunted by a carnivore, OR gotten that far out onto the water and fallen in.


When Bookworm and I lived in Manette (East Bremerton), I once painted our bathroom walls with 'replicas' of Picasso figures. 'Mom' and 'noapologies' may remember that great endeavor(?).


This thirty foot wall section of Post Alley is one of my favorite spots to take photographs. It provides a continually shifting panorama of posterwork, both new and weathered.


I should probably 'shoot' this wall once every six months just to see how rapidly it changes. This is the east-west part where the Alley dives into the ground from the Public market. As it makes the sharp left turn south the posted material has a distinct shift towards a more 'political' vein. I'll see if I can get some of those up tomorrow.



Comments:
How oh how could I ever forget that bathroom wall, with its nude breasted women and its floating clowns, its donkeys and its goats? How could any of our friends have forgotten? Truly, it was the best bathroom wall I ever saw. I hope when we get into our "next" house, you will do it once again.
Dr. Bookworm
 
I hope you do it once again, too! I will never forget the first time I visited your little house--it was before the Picasso bathroom--and I saw the orange walls and the yellow curtains and the pictures cut from mags on the walls, and the yellow metal pitcher you are still using! I went home to my white house and started to immediately decorate my walls with pictures from magazines. I will never forget that little house. I loved it so. Even though I know you didn't love the smallness or the location of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?