Thursday, May 10, 2007

Out of the Darkness....


....and into the light! I went back to the scene of the chemo crime this morning and had a blood workup of some sort. Where they snap you on the finger with what feels like a major staple gun ... then squooze out a few drops of blood. About twenty minutes later, a nurse came up to us (Bookworm being with me) and announced that ALL my numbers were GREAT, including the white blood cells (or platelets?). Major good news!

On the way home, Bookworm informs me that this is the step that most of her clients (experiencing chemo for various cancers) fear the most. Being previously unaware of that, I hadn't bothered to be concerned about it. Maybe next time.

Anyway, these rosy with health tulips [above] represent my 'great numbers'. Long live the 'great numbers'!
Comments:
GOOD SHOW!!!!!
 
Long live, indeed! Well done, FG!
 
Way to go FossilGuy !!!

Patti % Ed
 
The thing they use to get the blood to come out of your finger must have been a medieval torture device. I used to donate platelets when I lived in Virginia, and they had to check my iron levels each and every time. I didn't mind needles in each arm for 90 minutes, I didn't mind the anti-coagulant in my arm (though it usually made me sick), I didn't mind the freezing cold as they pulled all the blood out of me. But boy, did that finger-prick HURT!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?